WinRT Support Blog

Monday, June 12, 2006

Language Problem on Swedish Windows

From Marie in Sweden.

I installed the system locally on my machine, which uses a Swedish version
of Windows. The problem is that the when I installed winRT I got it in
Norwegian for some reason, which is quite hard to understand. I never chose a
language during the installation so I don't understand why winRT uses
Norwegian. How do I change the language?

Answer :

Web/interface language selection is based on the language setting of the
browser. In internet explorer - select - Menu Tools - Internet Options - Tab
General - button "Languages..."
Going from the top down the first language that WinRt supports will be used.
Since WinRT does NOT support Swedish but Norwegian, Russian, Danish, Chinese. and many more.
Your setting is likely :
Swedish, Norwegian (bookmal), english.
Now move english up above Norwegian, but below Swedish and WINRT will be in
Engllish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home