WinRT Support Blog

Friday, April 28, 2006

Setup telling me I need at least 1 GB of RAM

Dan tried the new 3.4.5 and found the First Bug - Good job.

"I have 2gb of virtual memory on every drive and 2gb of physical memory on the server. I can't understand why I would be getting this error. Any ideas?

Thanks...."

My Answer : "Hi Dan.

I specifically put in the memory check because installing on a machine with less than 1GB of virtual memory will fail silently with all kinds of problems.

My install worked fine with 1GB of Ram and 1.5 GB virtual memory.

Maybe we have an overflow condition in the Installshield, my programmer is looking at the problem but it might be a couble of days before we have an answer.

I know it sounds stupid but try reducing available memory (if you - like me - install on vmware then it is just a mouse click).

Regards
WinRT Support

1 Comments:

  • That got it. I reduced my virtual memory to 1024 mb and it installed fine. Thanks!

    Hey is there any chance of an SSL enabled version of this in the future?

    Thanks,
    Dan

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home