WinRT Support Blog

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Inbound Email - Fetchmail

We got a question from Ohio.

Hello, thanks for the new beta - install was perfect. I am a long time user of many previous linux versions and for the life of me I can not figure out how to configure the fetchmail on windows. Outbound email works perfectly - how do I get fetchmail to check a pop3 box for incoming email?

Answer :

We cannot get fetchmail to work either :-( So we made another solution. ;-)

Send the emails to the Microsoft SMTP server that is required for installation, the mail will gets picked up from the drop folder by a small windows service that we have made and put directly into the correct RT - queue.

I am sure that you can setup the pop3 server to forward the email.

RT will accept emails in the format queuename@winrtserver.company.com

To utilize several queues with your pop3 system you would have to setup several pop3-accounts one for each queue.

I support that you just send the email directly to the RT server, either with or without an MX record.

Regards

WinRT Support.

9 Comments:

  • I'm running SMTP, allowed relay from localhost/domain. But nothing appears in RT Queue?

    Do I need to give permission to queue for everyone? How?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:37 AM  

  • Hi,
    I got SecureScout WinRt 3.4.5 in my system on Win2k platform.my outlook is configured using Microsoft Exchange Server.The problem is i can't able send or fetch mails.do i need to mention or change my smpt address in the application.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:09 AM  

  • Please explain in more detail how the incoming mail is setup. I have outgoing working through the Microsoft SMTP service...but I cannot get incoming to work.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:19 PM  

  • How does this work when using an exchange 2003 server?
    I have setup a new exchange mail box for the rt user but i am only able to forward mail to another email address not a computer account.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:14 PM  

  • I dont know if anyone is reading this...but I have installed the latest build of winrt and I am missing something...I can get mail to the drop folder on the winrt box with smtp installed..but I cant get winrt to pick up the mail...Can someone please help....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:58 PM  

  • I was hoping someone could help me. I can see mail in the drop folder but it never shows up in RT. Could someone please help me get this set up?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:41 AM  

  • hi
    I managed to install wnrt 3.4.5 smmotly on windpws XP ...
    but i have troublew in sending mails ...Even after going all the response from in forum .. i can not make outgoing mails work .. can u plz help and tell me in step-wise cinfiguration of RT to send mails

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:12 PM  

  • hii,
    i got SecureScout WinRt 3.4.5.i am not able to configure it on windows xp please help,tell the steps which i should follo to configure it.
    ajeet bangalore

    By Blogger Make Money Online, at 3:27 AM  

  • email sent to support@server.company.com doesn't not end of in associated support queue. What could be wrong?

    By Blogger Matt, at 2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home